I don't know about you, in fact if I was to guess I would say that you are a better person than me! But like I was trying to say a second ago, I have a very hard time not talking about myself! I'm like that Country song " I want to talk about me, I want to talk I, number one and me oh my" or however that song goes. But that really is me. And guess what I just realized just recently. I'm not that interesting to other people. Go figure! I have always had someone come up and ask me how I was doing and ask about me, so I assumed that I really was that great of a person to listen in about. I think, but I'm not sure, that everyone was actually asking to be POLITE, something I don't get, but I'm beginning to understand that it's very important if you want to have friends. So that is what I'm working on right now is trying to train myself to not revolve around me. Which is really hard because I'm like a big vortex waiting so suck things in around me. Which is apparently bad. So many rules to learn and not a lot of books to learn them from. If you have any ideas on how to be interested in others or at least fake it well, and are willing to teach me please comment! Thank you and good night! Love ya! and me too.
Wednesday, April 2, 2008
I don't know about you, in fact if I was to guess I would say that you are a better person than me! But like I was trying to say a second ago, I have a very hard time not talking about myself! I'm like that Country song " I want to talk about me, I want to talk I, number one and me oh my" or however that song goes. But that really is me. And guess what I just realized just recently. I'm not that interesting to other people. Go figure! I have always had someone come up and ask me how I was doing and ask about me, so I assumed that I really was that great of a person to listen in about. I think, but I'm not sure, that everyone was actually asking to be POLITE, something I don't get, but I'm beginning to understand that it's very important if you want to have friends. So that is what I'm working on right now is trying to train myself to not revolve around me. Which is really hard because I'm like a big vortex waiting so suck things in around me. Which is apparently bad. So many rules to learn and not a lot of books to learn them from. If you have any ideas on how to be interested in others or at least fake it well, and are willing to teach me please comment! Thank you and good night! Love ya! and me too.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Past Ramblings
-
▼
2008
(71)
-
▼
April
(12)
- I was looking at the pictures that Hubby added and...
- "I've Got you... Sweetie
- NEW PICTURES
- Trumpets Sound here (only I don't know how to real...
- Okay my Boy is also Cool
- No Really, My Daughter is the Best
- Remember when...... Now who was doing that?
- Kids and Movies Make a Great Combo!
- I just found this program video from Munchkin's fi...
- I love to read updates!
- So what's up with you?
- I don't know about you, in fact if I was to guess ...
-
▼
April
(12)
1 comment:
Well, really, what does it mean to find something or someone interesting? Ultimately, it comes down finding the subject to be useful, or failing that, entertaining. So in a sense, being interested in others is still, to some extent, selfish.
That means that you can develop interest in others by making it about you. Really. Think about why being interested in somebody might be beneficial to you, then use that as a way to generate interest. For example, let's say you know someone who is stupefyingly boring, but happens to know a lot about computers. (I'm sure you can think of someone...) You're having a problem with your computer, so you ask a question and, guess what? You're actually interested in what he has to say! Not because the person themselves is terribly interesting, but because it benefits you.
Get into the habit of doing that, and soon you'll find that, 1) almost nobody is proof against the implied compliment of being asked to impart their wisdom, and 2) just about everyone can either give you useful information and/or entertain you. Selfish interest will slowly transmogrify into the slightly less selfish genuine interest.
Post a Comment