Thursday, April 24, 2008

"I've Got you... Sweetie

Hubby's mother is an amazing lady who has taught me a thing or two. Okay like 1,548 things. But of the things that I like about her is she likes to be treated with respect. And one way to get a lesson on respect is to call her babe. I personally have no issues with the word but I know Mom does. Not that this is an issue we have often. It's one of those little things you learn and bookmark in your brain as so to never make a mistake with. Well the funny thing is, is Mita today, who happens to be named after Mom, also has strong opinions too. (By the way never name a child after someone with a strong personality unless that is what you really want.) Anyway Mita was doing a great job on her homework and I said to her "way to go babe!" She stop dead center and looked at me with these "do not cross me" eyes and said "I am not a babe don't call me that." Okay then.

No comments: