Sunday, August 3, 2008

A new breath of life

This blog and been lifeless for the past two weeks as I was getting ready for camp and while I was at camp, but I'm hoping to get back into the groove of comment every two to three days. If that doesn't happen remember I have kids.

So let me tell you about Camp. There were two camps up at Camp Bartlett. Wood Badge Camp and Family Camp. Hubby was in Wood Badge and us in Family Camp. Hubby stayed with us at night, helped my with the kids in the morning through breakfast and then off to classes. The kids then would help me clean up breakfast (we had to throw away our plates not hard) and then we would head down to the Flag Pole and leave the kids with their respective leaders, have Flag raising ceremony then everyone was off to class. Spouses (me) had a great class schedule we did crafty stuff or fun stuff like Horseback riding, Rafting, Repelling, Dutch Ovening, CPR training, and things with cute paper. Lunch we all had together Hubby included and then everyone was back to class. Dinner also was together and Hubby was back at class and we had a Flag Lowering Ceremony and then a skits put on by different groups in the evening. Afterwards Hubby would meet up with us and help me put the kids to bed. The whole week was like this and it was GREAT! We loved every aspect of this. Everyone wants to go back, including me. IT was that great! I'm so glad we went. If you ever get the chance to go to Wood Badge Training, take the Family Camp option because it's the best week you will ever spend. Nothing compares to having so many amazing experiences and learning new things about yourself and your family. WOW! We're going back next year and will do whatever it takes to get there.

No comments: