Over the past couple of months, I have found myself saying things like "If we had a little bit more money I could balance our finances" or "If Hubby and I had more time we could get our home projects done" or better yet "If the stores were closer I would have nicer clothes" Or my favorite if the Doctors office was closer than I would make the appointment our family needs." How pathetic is that? In France I had to travel anywhere from fifteen minutes to over an hour to get where I needed to go. Here in Comfyville I have EVERYTHING I need within a ten minute radius. I also can go and buy anything I want any day of the week at any time of the day. In France ALL stores closed at 8:30PM or earlier except for restaurants. Hubby's commute is eighteen minutes. In France it was an just under an hour. I used to walk the kids to school a mile every day up and down a large steep hill through a plethora of doggie land mines. Now I never walk my kids to school because it's "too hard."
Can you say Whimp? Well No More!(hopefully) I plan on being a tougher Mom. I need to get out of my cushy life and start being proactive. In France I would have been ecstatic to be in my shoes. And I am in my shoes so I should be happy about that. In fact I am. Yeah for ME!!
1 comment:
You go, grrl! =)
Post a Comment