Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Back in the Good old Days

I've had another friend post something that I want to comment on. She talks about watching kiddie shows with her kids. Which I think Moms should do so you can talk about things and understand what games and role-playing they are do later. When Chicka was little I watched a bunch of shows with her. My favorite to watch was Sesame Street. It would have all sorts of different art medians in it and Pixer had some little shorts on there too (this was way before Toy Story). The best part was they would have several adult jokes. Now I'm not talking "nasty adult jokes" that the media has gone haywire with but I mean jokes that only an adult would get because they were old. Like when Monster Piece Theatre did Gone with the Wind, it obviously was a take off of Master Piece Theatre, but also my favorite movie. Chicka liked it when all the Muppets and parts of the set were blown away by the wind. What I loved about it was the references to the movie the Muppets made. Or when they had REM on singing Happy Furry Monsters with a Muppet who looks like the girl from B52's who sang this with them. Again Chicka liked it because of the monsters and could have cared less about REM. Just opposite of me. But lately when I've seen Sesame Street it was so high tech that it lost a lot of its charm at least for me.

Anyway theres my two bits on whats wrong with the the world.

1 comment:

Kirst said...

Furry Happy Monsters was my favorite! I also liked Garth Brooks' song "Together We Make Music." I used to watch it daily with Sadie in anticipation of seeing one or the other! Good times.