Myfriend wrote a blog about the glory days of comics and how much he misses Calvin and Hobbes. I feel his pain as does my hubby. We both LOVED Calvin and Hobbes and are consoled somewhat by our kids who love to read our Calvin and Hobbes books. All they have to do is mention a part of the comic and Hubby and I already know what they are talking about. In fact in Jr. High I cover my books and folders with my favorite comics that I have copied out of my books. It gave me something to do besides listen to the teacher or do my homework. (No wonder I failed).
But Hubby and I also take comfort in the great comics that are in the paper today. In fact the only reason I get the paper is so I can read the comics. I still ending reading almost the entire paper (outside of my comic section I love to read the business section) so I feel our money isn't going to waste. Several times when I've been upset with my paper and I wanted to cancel then only thing that stops me is that I wouldn't get my daily fix of funnies.
So here is a list (and link if I'm lucky enough) of my favorite comics:
Baby Blues
Pickles
Shermans Lagoon
Retail
Argyle Sweater
Lio
Cul De Sac This one has some horrible artwork but it's still really funny.
2 comments:
You can just get your daily fix online!
Not all of them. Some of my other favorites like Spiderman and Rex Morgan MD I can't get online unless I subscribe. And Baby Blues and Sherman's Lagoon are two weeks behind online.
Post a Comment