Tuesday, June 17, 2008
Major Rambling, minor thoughts
Chicka has decided that she needs to blog to let out some steam. She seems to have it puberty with full force and is looking for ways to control her emotions. Bully for her!!! She's been walking on the treadmill, hammering nails into big chunks of wood, and leaving the house. The only down side is that she won't do her reading homework. I'm trying to get better at this homework thing, but it's really hard. For me I need to really concentrate to get through homework, but just as I start to get into the rhythm of homework one of the other four needs me now or the world will explode. Oy! So much drama! That plus getting them to help around the house. If only I could twitch my nose and have everyone do what their suppose to, or at the very least I would love to twitch my nose and have the all the junk disappear, that would be great! Did you know that as a little girl I would spin in circles trying to go fast enough to turn into Wonder Women. I was positive that if I could only get going fast enough I would magically turn into Wonder Women. Funny thing is that I watched the show on You Tube and realized that Diane doesn't spin that fast at all. No Fair.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
If you figure out how to turn into wonder woman, I hope you will share your secrets with me!
I often feel that same way. I hate homework and I think I am looking forward to school getting out more then my kids are. What is wrong with that statement?
I think it is so cute that your little one started a blog. How fun. I will have to keep an eye on it. Maybe she will have some words of advice that will help me. :~)
I hate homework now more than when it was my own.
I found an awesome book about housework and parenting, though. It's called "The Parenting Breakthrough" by Merrilee Boyack. She talks about how the goal of parenting is to raise independent children, and then she outlines a plan to do just that! I read it while visiting my sister-in-law in Montana and just had to buy my own when I came home. I'm excited to try it. Will they still grumble? Probably, but I don't care. Maybe with a different framework they'll grumble just a little less. That would be worth it.
I'm totally impressed with Chicka. How amazing to realize at that age that you need ways to blow of steam and control your emotions! I didn't figure that out until I was WAY older then she is!
Post a Comment