Wednesday, June 25, 2008
Feel the Pain
For the past two days I've been walking with my neighbor and her kids in the morning. Wow, do they walk fast. I've always thought of myself as a fast walker, and I have been, but I guess I'm slacking off because I couldn't keep up with them yesterday. My legs were on hurting all day and that felt wrong! I thought forget the speed demons I'm walking my own pace tomorrow. It's still same distance but it takes me longer so I figure it's all good, right? Wrong! Hubby seems to think that the speed has something to do with burning calories and blah blah blah which basically means I should buck up. Which I did today and I'm still hurting. Isn't pain bad? Shouldn't I be avoiding things that cause pain. Doesn't the "Natural Man" want to keep everything nice and comfy and easy? I see nothing wrong with that! Help me out here people.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
No pain no gain! It's so true. I always say that if you're hurting then you are doing something right. Hubby's right about going faster--you'll definitely burn more calories. It will get easier the more you do it. You can do it Cami!
Good for you! I know it can be hard to stop, but work through the "pain" and you'll find yourself addicted. (If it's REAL pain, you should stop. If it's "feel the burn" pain - keep going!)
Post a Comment