When I was in high school I noticed that as long as you admitted insanity people would forgive you for being a little weird. So as a little experiment I decided to start saying that I wasn't crazy. Ever time I did something strange, which was often, I would always say something like "At least I'm not Crazy" or maybe I would state "I love being Sane." Which would always have the same affect, people thought I was going mad. When my best friend started to really worry about my mental stability, I decided that the experiment was over and that I should just admit to being crazy so that everyone would think I was normal.
Well now I've noticed that as long as I state that I am a bad parent, someone is always ready to rush to my side and say "No, your a great parent, you care!" even if they have no real knowledge that I'm a bad parent or not. Now I'm not about to test my theory that people tend to believe the opposite of what you say about yourself as I did in school. Meaning I'm not going to start saying that hey at least I'm a great parent, in case someone might really think that I'm a horrible parent and call DCFS. You never know these days, If my best friend really thought I was going crazy what might a PTA mom think about my parenting skills. Anyway just an interesting observation about humans. Admitting that your ARE something, people tend to think that your NOT. For instance, say your fat and people will always tell you, you're not.
I wonder if this would work for civic service? I can just see someone running for Mayor with this idea. "I am not your next Mayor" or "I'm not worthy of being voted for". Someone might what to try it ... or might not.
No comments:
Post a Comment