Monday, June 23, 2008
Being Good
Like most people I love to eat. I could always out-eat my friends growing up and was proud of the fact that no matter how much I ate I always stayed pretty skinny. Having a very active metabolism will do that to a person. (Maybe that's why I was always so hyper) So when I had kids I gained some but was able to stay in an okay weight range. But now that I'm past 30 my body is telling me that unless I get moving it will give up on me. My joints have been complaining, my back has been mean and I'm not allowed to sleep at night anymore. This just isn't fair, it's one thing to have your kids gang up on you, but to have your body go into open rebellion is down right rude! So starting today I'm going to be better at eating healthy crap and exercising somehow each day. Dang it. I hate having to do this, I have a very weak determination system, but I figure if I tell all of you then maybe I will actually keep to my guns. Wish me luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Good luck to you! It's too bad you can't buy will power on line, like everything else in the world. Someone would make a fortune!
I know! My mouth keeps telling me "Doesn't a Gyro with Onion Rings and a Lime Rickey sound great right now" and I have to keep thinking of something else. Ergh!
I was really good today about controlling my food intake. Until after dinner when I found a can of Easy Cheese, and a bag of Reece's Pieces, and a bag of Frosted Circus Animals. Oh well maybe if I'm brutally honest about all this I might shame myself into eating better. Help ME!
I have a major sweet tooth. And yes, I also love greasy food. I just don't keep the sweets around the house if I can help it, and I only let myself go out to eat once a week maximum (usually I try to go every other week). Oh, and I exercise like crazy to support my habits. I'm still not skinny, but I have genetics to thank for that. :) Good luck!
Post a Comment