Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Trekkin

Pioneer Treks are so awesome! Tomorrow I leave on my third trek. I went on one as a youth way back when BYU used to do treks, but it was a little weird because my Ma and Pa were college students and my Ma couldn't care less about helping out a bunch of dirty kids. Besides the PA in the next camp was cuter so she spent most of her time over there anyway. Several years later Hubby and I got to go on one when Mita was just a little, little baby. It was a much better experience and we both really enjoyed it. The only problem with that one was that the Ma (me) was a bit of a pop-off and kept zinging the kids. I was on a role with all the comebacks I had. SO this time around I'm praying that I will be more humble and be a better Ma and actually help this new batch of kids feel the Spirit. Cause that's what it comes down to. Trek is only great if kids let the Spirit touch them. Having to physically push yourself past a point where you've never gone before is really humbling and I think that's one of the reasons why Pioneer Treks work so well. You KNOW the Pioneers did this same stuff only without decent shoes and no Camelbacks. I'm hoping I can do my best to be humble and not be cocky like last time. I'm going to need help so please pray for me.

Stay Happy, & Be Cute!

3 comments:

James Boley said...

I hope you had fun!

D3AB said...

Honey I know all about "popping off" I just got back from girls camp. I bet you did great.

Lady said...

I remember that 1st trek. Who needs parents?! Do you remember how much mud there was?! Good luck on this next trek. I hope it goes well.