I'm now back from trek and WOW what an amazing experience. I am so impressed with the Youth in my stake, they are just simply wonderful people. Our "theme song" for trek was As Zion's Youth in Latter Days and let me tell you these kids fit the bill.
Anyway I've learned several things on trek that I want to share with you.
1. I'm out of shape. I couldn't handle how physically demanding this trek was so I committed to myself today that I'm going to exercise everyday this week, Swimming and Yoga are on my list.
2. The Youth today are GREAT. See above if you don't believe me.
3. I need to stop taking the small things for granted. Have you ever really appreciated the fact that you have a flushing toilet? Or that if your cold at night you can just turn off the fan and grab another blanket? Or the sheer fact of being clean every day. I came home with the darkest tan, but then it all washed off and went down the drain.
4. Prayer Works. We had a week of interesting weather, but just when things were supposed to get worse, many heartfelt prayers were offered and the wind and rains were stayed.
5. My babysitter is the coolest person on earth. I came home to a completely cleaned house and the cutest video of my kids on my computer. (If you want to see the video let me know and I'll email to you)
There is so many other great things that I learned (like my Husband is the most amazing reliable person on the planet who can do just about anything!!!) but this post is getting too long and I don't want to bore you to death. Just if you get the chance to go on Trek as a MA and PA, take it, you'll love every minute of it.
Stay Cute!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment