
Yesterday was a busy day for me and Rita didn't get much Mommy time. To be honest I could have played with her more after church but I didn't for different excuses. So last night when she would not go to sleep and was crying and crying and crying I did something I rarely do. I brought her to bed with us thinking that she would get some cuddle time that she needed. Well that seemed to work last night and I put her to bed without much fuss at eleven. But then she woke up at five-thirty so I tried to give her more time and she had an hour of just Mom and Dad. Then another half hour of just mom time, plus I gave her plenty of attention while I was helping the girls get ready for school. The problem is it feels like the more time I give her the more time she wants. HELP! (this is a plea for suggestions)
2 comments:
I don't know, but if you find out, tell me. Cake has become a mommy clingy monster the last few weeks!
I read somewhere that babies in families with several children wake up in the night so they can have special time with Mom. So what did that do? Made me feel guilty. Made me wonder if that is why Buster still likes to wake up at night even though he is almost 9 months old. Made me think maybe I shouldn't take a hard line on training him to sleep through the night. Although, crying isn't an option because he would wake all his sisters. I dunno, it is a fine line to walk with lots of kids around. We finally made a chart so we can track who had the last special time with Mom/Dad/Grandma to make sure they all get turns. Speaking of which, special time with Grandma can help mitigate things a little...Sunny has had issues since Missy went off to school. She was better after her special day with Grandma. For a while...
Post a Comment