Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Ox or a Moron?

I have a problem with being addicted to things. Like the TV or computer games, or sodas, or reading books in three days, stuff like that. Well I'm sick of being addicted to things that aren't good for me or my house (i.e. not cleaning because I'm reading) So I'm asking all of you what you like to do? I need a healthy addiction. I know that's a oxymoron but that's the angle I'm going to try. Hubby suggested maybe gardening. Actually he suggested washing dishes but I said it needs to be something you WANT to do in the first place. Thoughts? Hints? Or I'll even let you make a comment that makes fun of me if you, I deserve it right now.

Have a nice day!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Genealogy, I've heard is addicting.

Knitting, quilting, that kind of thing, and you can give the stuff you make to charity.

I know that some Temples need crochet alter cloths.

Kirst said...

For me (and I'm sure you can guess) it's exercise. Find something that you like to do (running, swimming, walking, biking, whatever!) and make it a priority to do it 3-5 times a week. It's a great escape for me. I love getting up first thing in the morning to do it. It clears my head and makes me (somewhat) sane for the rest of the day. Plus it's so good for you!

Lady said...

I don't think any of the things you mentioned are particularly "bad addictions" - maybe the soda ;) The key is moderation in all things. Read only 1-2 chapters instead of the whole book, watch 30 minutes of TV instead of 3 hours.