Monday, March 9, 2009

New perspective

This past weekend started just like other weekends with me trying to get the whole family cleaning the whole house, but it ended very different this time. But first let me give you some back history.

I grew up in a messing house. My mom tried hard but, frankly didn't get much help from other members of the household. Me being a major problem. So when I was married and in charge of my own house I knew I was supposed to keep it clean but couldn't really care less if it was. This caused some static in my marriage. Then when we had kids, cleaning rarely happened. I was given and read several different books on cleaning and they all said pretty much the same thing. Be consistent. Something that is not in my nature. Well then I began to notice that when the house was clean I felt out of place. Like the house before wasn't my own. That caused even bigger issues in the marriage department. I told hubby that I don't like a clean house it makes me feel weird. Well hubby really likes a clean house and feel at home in a clean house.

Back to this weekend. Hubby and I cleaned part of our room on Saturday and the kids cleaned their rooms. Well guess what? I like how my room feels. It's nice to be in my room now that part of it is clean. I'm ready to clean the other half. Hubby is ecstatic!!

So how was your weekend?

5 comments:

Natalia said...

I have the complete opposite problem. I'm such a neat freak that I'm cleaning all the time and it totally annoys Husband. He always says, "That can wait 'til later," to which I reply, "No, I have to do it now!" Be careful with the whole "cleaning thing," it's addicting!

James Boley said...

Isn't it nice to have at least one room in the house clean? We will keep working on this together!

Calerich said...

I totally understand! What is wrong with some clutter, to me I feel at home in that enviornment. My husband is the same and is a neat freak, clutter drives him nuts. You should see our bedroom, clothes, and misc things around mine and his is spotless. He knows better then to touch my stuff, but there are times he is like hey I know what we can do today, let's clean the bedroom - like yeah, what fun! Isn't it funny how different people can be? Oh well, I love him and amazingly he loves me too - clutter and all!

Calerich said...

Whoops, I meant clutter on my side of the room and his side is clean. We don't have seperate bedrooms. LOL!

Smendrick said...

I once read a cleaning book that talked about rating cleanliness on a scale of 1-10. A 10 locks the kids out of the house so they don't mess anything up; a 0 has piles of magazines and other clutter with pathways through them. I've been in both types of homes, and neither is my favorite. My house varies from a 3 to an 8. I try to keep the living areas presentable (6-8), but the bedrooms do tend to suffer (4-5). The playroom, as playrooms tend to be, hovers around a 3. I have noticed, though, that the children love to play in any room that I just cleaned, and I am more at peace when I am surrounded by less junk. If I could just do something about the papers and the corners... And I am sure that stuffed animals breed in dark places.