Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Life goes on


I wanted to quote the Beatles with the title but I have no idea how to spell "Oh bli dee, oh bli da life goes oh bro howdy howdy like this song" or whatever the words are. The picture is not of Cali, but one from France.

Anyway how are you? I'm pretty peachy. We had so much fun in Cali. I like to say that I went body surfing but I really did was jump over the waves and occasionally trying to swim on top of them. I never did succeed at that. I did try to dive under a wave but I apparently don't know how. All that happened is I got a face full of salt water and I was knocked off my feet. Not good. But the jumping over was fun. I love the ocean. It was so fun to just sit and float in the water or jump waves or play in the sand. I was thinking why don't we go to the lakes more often at home. We have several options for playing in the water here, and then I remembered, we have lakes but no tide. The tide is what makes the ocean so fun. When we moved home from France that was the first thing I missed was the coming and going of the tide. I loved watching the water levels change throughout the day and season. Sometimes the tide would barely go out and sometimes the tide would go out for so long, the beach would be huge! I loved that. So all of you who live near the ocean enjoy the tide for me!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ob-La-Di,Ob-La-Da

I think I would move to the coast in a heartbeat if it wasnt for the money, and all those people who come to them, you know the ones I mean, the crazy ones who think they can swim in the ocean, but then all they really do is just jump the waves.
jk