Monday, April 13, 2009

Yummy!

My Friend posted on her blog how she likes to dress up grill cheese Sandwiches. It sounded great, but not as awesome as my Hubby's Toasted Tomato Sandwich. I know it doesn't sound like much of a sandwich but they are to die for sometimes. Hubby and I have them a lot during Tomato Season but we've have them in the winter too. So here's how it works.

First you toast the bread and add mayo (I personally perfer Miracle Whip but we won't go there today)
Then you add your seasoning. Hubby likes salt and pepper where as I like to "spice" it up with Dill Weed or Italian Seasoning. It depends on my mood.
Then you add sliced tomatoes. Simple huh?

Well the best part is dressing it up. We had some great salami in the house last week along with swiss cheese. Add that to a nice slice of lettuce and Voila! you've got a killer sandwich.
The kids even clued in that Mom and Dad weren't having your average PBJ and begged for some. Now Chicka will only take a home lunch to school if she can have a Toasted Tomato Sandwich. Too bad they don't pack well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Any sandwich containing tomato that I'm not going to eat right away I pack the tomato in a separate zip lock and add it just before eating.